- Edit the $OPENLINKINI file, e.g., /opt/openlink/bin/openlink.ini, and make sure the environment section for the driver contains the right entries.
It should look something like this:
[Environment Oracle 10.x] ORACLE_HOME = /dbs/oracle10g/oracle/product/10.1.0/client_1 ;ORACLE_SERVER = T ;TWO_TASK = P: ;ODBC_CATALOGS = Y ; Uncomment after loading odbccat10.sql ;MULTIPLEX_LDA = 5 ; Allow 5 OpenLink clients on a single lda ;OPL_USR_TBLS_FIRST = Y ; Sort SQLTables starting with user tables SHOW_REMARKS = N ; Retrieve SQLColumns REMARKS field CURSOR_SENSITIVITY = LOW ; Set to HIGH after loading odbccat10.sql ;OCI_PREFETCH_ROWS = 100 ; Number of rows to prefetch ;OCI_PREFETCH_MEMORY = 65535 ; Amount of memory to use for prefetching ;NLS_LANG = AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8 ; Set to codepage required by client application ORACLE_SID = ORCL
These environment variable values are database specific and are described in detail later in this section.
- Edit the $ODBCINI file, e.g., /opt/openlink/bin/odbc.ini, and adjust the settings of the sample DSN that is found there:
[ora100_lite] Driver = /opt/openlink/lib/ora100_mt_lt.so ServerType = Oracle 10.x Username = Password = Database = Options = FetchBufferSize = 99 ReadOnly = no DeferLongFetch = no JetFix = no Description = Sample Oracle 10.x Lite Connection
All modifications except the Driver value will be saved when reinstalling this or any other Lite Driver.
- For most Lite drivers the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or SHLIB_PATH or LIBPATH) environment variables must be set before you can load the driver.
You will not find these in the $OPENLINKINI file, as the settings there are set by the driver after it has loaded.
- If the installer finds relevant environment variables, e.g., ORACLE_HOME, it will note the appropriate LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings, and add them automatically to the openlink.sh script.
This file should always be run before trying to use the Lite Drivers, e.g.:
- If this script is not properly executed, the system library loader will give an error message stating it cannot find some dependent shared libraries to load.
- If the installer finds relevant environment variables, e.g., ORACLE_HOME, it will note the appropriate LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings, and add them automatically to the openlink.sh script. This file should always be run before trying to use the Lite Drivers, e.g.: