Use this form to gather information which will help us better assist you.
- What product are you using?
- What are the names of the files that you downloaded?
- What is the product version and release number?
- What is the name and version of the client operating system?
- Provide the output of uname -a for unix and linux clients.
- Provide the text of any error message that you experience.
- Describe any problem that does not produce error text.
- Describe the steps that you take to reproduce this problem.
- Provide Data Source Name Connection Parameters.
- What is your database native client version?
- What are your database server's kernel tuning parameters? Provide ulimit -a output for verification.
- What is your database server's patch level? Provide uname -a output for verification.
- What is your database's patch level?
- What is your database server's memory?
- What is your database server's processor count?
- Is this problem specific to one client machine?
- Is this a consistent problem or a problem that has occured after a period of stability?
- Is this problem associated with heavy load? If so, please describe.
- Does the problem produce core files, stack traces, Dr.
Watsons, or Progress protraces? If so, please submit the relevant file or Dr.
- Is this problem associated with a recent database or o/s upgrade?
- Is this problem associated with the implementation of anti-virus software?
- Does the problem correspond with errors in the database native log? Please provide the log for evidence.
- Does the database native transaction monitor show anomalous activity?
- Our Single-Tier drivers may have exposed a limitation in your database native client.
Would you consider an upgrade to Multi-Tier drivers?