Use this form to gather information which will help us better assist you.
- What product are you using?
- What are the names of the files that you downloaded?
- What is the product version and release number?
- What is the name and version of the client operating system?
- Provide the output of uname -a for unix and linux clients.
- Has this problem always existed?
- If this problem is new, describe any changes to the database, database client, network and machines in this architecture.
- Is this problem associated with heavy load.
- Provide Data Source Name Connection Parameters.
- What are your database server's kernel tuning parameters?
- What is your database server's patch level?
- Is this problem specific to one client machine?
- Is this problem specific to one client application?
- Do other ODBC drivers outperform OpenLink ODBC drivers?
- Is this a LAN/MAN/WAN?
- Can you quantify the amount of data that is being returned?
- What are the data types of the data being returned?
- Have you checked the Defer Fetching of Long Data checkbox? (For binary data only)
- Do you know what cursor modality your application employs?
- Set your Data Source's Rowbuffer Size to 1.
Set your Rowbuffer Size to 99.
Do you see any difference in performance?
OpenLink's latest drivers have faster communications layers.
If you have an older driver, can you upgrade?
* Performance problems may stem from the way you have structured your tables. Can you provide a table schema for a problem table?