- Use the
shcommand to open a bash or Bourne shell. (Other shells may be used, but vary widely, so any or all of the following steps may need adjustment.)
- Retrieve your new Virtuoso license file from email or ODS briefcase.
- Use binary-preserving methods (e.g., ftp in BIN mode) to transfer the new license to the Unix box, if required.
- Replace any existing Virtuoso license file with the new, or place the new license in your desired location.
We generally recommend this location be the
binsub-directory of the
OpenLink installation, or
- Navigate to the root of your Virtuoso installation, e.g.
- Check the
virtuoso-en*.cshscripts, for their setting of the
OPL_LICENSE_DIRenvironment variable. If necessary, adjust this to include the directory holding the new license file.
- Execute these commands:
. ./virtuoso-en*.sh cd bin ./oplmgr +stop ./oplmgr +start
- Proceed to configure and/or use your Virtuoso installation. The new license should now be active.