Technologists working in the system integration space need a practical roadmap that facilitates efficient decision making.
- Access all legacy holdings. Know the Operating Systems, DBMS, Networking Protocols, Client Applications, Data Access Middleware, Coding Languages, and other components that compose the background of your data infrastructure.
- Define and rank the Objectives driving your data migration or integration project.
Common objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Consolidation of Heterogeneous Systems & Processes
- Core Component Reusability
- Enhanced and/or Integrated Security
- Enterprise Performance & Reliability
- Replacement of End-of-Life Proprietary Components
- Standards Based Solution
- Support for Web Services, SOA, RDF, etc.
- Fully familiarize yourself with the use and limitations of popular tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Linked Servers and Oracle HSODBC or DG4ODBC.
- Consider OpenLink Virtuoso as a core component in your overall solution.
- Choose your solution.
- Finalize your deployment architecture using
OpenLink's architectural planning resources for UDA and Virtuoso.
- Download and install your software.
OpenLink's extensive library of data integration & migration articles to locate installation & configuration instructions for your chosen solution.