Data Integration & Migration Strategies
This section addresses the needs and challenges of today's Systems Integrators.
Technologists working in the system integration space need a practical roadmap that facilitates efficient decision making.
OpenLink staff are experts in the complex realm of data integration and data migration and provide Technical Support and Professional Services to help architect your integration-based solution.
We provide the following strategies fact sheet to jump-start and guide your project from the planning to deployment phases.
- Access all legacy holdings.
Know the Operating Systems, DBMS, Networking Protocols, Client Applications, Data Access Middleware, Coding Languages, and other components that compose the background of your data infrastructure.
- Define and rank the Objectives driving your data migration or integration project.
Common objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Consolidation of Heterogeneous Systems & Processes
- Core Component Reusability
- Enhanced and/or Integrated Security
- Enterprise Performance & Reliability
- Replacement of End-of-Life Proprietary Components
- Standards Based Solution
- Support for Web Services, SOA, RDF, etc.
- Fully familiarize yourself with the use and limitations of popular tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Linked Servers and Oracle HSODBC or DG4ODBC.
- Consider OpenLink Virtuoso as a core component in your overall solution.
- Choose your solution.
- Finalize your deployment architecture using OpenLink's architectural planning resources for UDA and Virtuoso.
- Download and install your software.
- Review OpenLink's extensive library of data integration & migration articles to locate installation & configuration instructions for your chosen solution.