Terminate active ODBC connections.
2. Back up your license file.
3. Make sure you have the appropriate version JDK/JRE installed.
4. Perform your upgrade.
Terminate active ODBC connections, which use
2. Back up license files.
3. Back-up existing odbc.ini and openlink.ini files. (Unix Only)
4. Terminate the License Manager service if you use
5. Proceed with the upgrade.
1. Terminate active ODBC connections, which use
2. Stop your Request Broker and License Manager services. (License Managers are an
3. Back-up your license and oplrqb.ini files.
4. Back-up odbc.ini files. (Unix Client Installs Only.)
5. Proceed with their upgrades.
BE ADVISED: Some installers present two options: 1) Upgrade Driver Name, 2) Install New Driver. The first option should overwrite older drivers. DSNs that use those drivers will be affected. They should be migrated to the new driver. However, to insure the integrity of existing DSNs, choose the second option. This option installs the new driver alongside the old driver. Pre-existing DSNs should not be affected in any way.