Progress 8.x and earlier can only run in SQL-89 mode.
Progress 9.x has a hybrid engine that can run in either SQL-89 or SQL-92 mode, or both. Use the following steps to learn which mode your Progress 9.x instance is running in.
- Log in to your Progress DBMS server.
- Locate the database log file.
Typically, the log file should have the same name as the database .db file, but with an .lg extension; e.g., the sports92.db file will typically have a corresponding sports92.lg file.
- Make a copy of the database log file.
- Open the copy with a text editor.
- Locate the section corresponding to the most recent database startup.
- Look for a line similar to this:
11:50:04 BROKER 0: This broker supports both 4GL and SQL server groups. (8865)
Reference to 4GL indicates SQL-89 mode. Reference to SQL indicates SQL-92 mode. Reference to both is referred to as "mixed" mode.