If you use our Multi-Tier components through with a firewall, several ports must be opened to permit requests from Generic Clients to Request Broker and Database Agents (and their responses).
Some ports are user or admin configurable; some are not.
TCP and UDP ports 60001 must be open.
These ports are used by the Request Broker and the
Configurable ports are specified in the
[Protocol TCP] section of your Session Rulebook (default,
You can use any text editor to open your Rulebook, and edit this section:
[Protocol TCP] PingWatchdog = No PingInterval = 600 ;IPAddress = 127.0.0.1 Listen = 5000 PortLow = 5000 PortHigh = 5025
- The Request Broker listens on the TCP port specified in the Rulebook as
Listen. (Release 3.x and earlier listened at
are generally best set to the same value.
- The Request Broker restricts Database Agents to use only ports in the range between (and including) those specified in the Rulebook as
. Specific Agent ports are requested from and assigned by the operating system when an Agent is instantiated; they are not preemptively reserved.
- The span between
is generally best set to twice the licensed number of Database Sessions. At minimum, this span should be the licensed number of Database Sessions plus 5 (and thus, not less than 10).
- Firewall Considerations for Multi-Tier "Enterprise" Edition Data Access Drivers
- Error Message: Unable to contact the OpenLink License Manager
- OpenLink License Manager Networking Considerations
- Configure Multi-Tier Request Broker for Use on Machines with Multiple Network Cards