SSL Fact Sheet
As of version 5.2, OpenLink UDA now comes with optional support for using OpenSSL to encrypt the data layer between generic client and request broker / agent.
Features of the SSL implementation:
- secures connections to both the broker and all database agents
- encryption is optional, although it can be made mandatory
- the same connection endpoint endpoint (port) handles both encrypted and non-encrypted clients
- fully backward-compatible
- per-agent certificates
- all changes are in the OpenLink communications layer: there is no need to change any of the database agents to cater for SSL.