Use the following steps to monitor open database sessions associated with Oracle ODBC connections:
- Login to the machine which hosts your Oracle database.
- su to your Oracle user.
- execute your Oracle user's .profile.
- cd to ORACLE_ HOME/bin.
- Execute the following command: /sqplus /nolog
- Type: connect as sysdba
- Provide your Oracle DBA username and password.
- Execute the startup command if the instance is not running.
- Execute the following command: select count (*) from v$session where username is not null;